Sunday 30 December 2018

Rowing Illustrated - review from the shed

click to enlarge

Re: RandallFoil
Postby platypus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 am

I sighted the Randallfoil for the first time at our rowing club this morning. One of the guys at our club has been using them and swears by them. He attached them to his C2 sculling oars, which also have the vortex edge, himself by just gluing them on. He has also set the pitch to the recommended 3 degrees. He noticed an increase in boat speed from the very first stroke and from his own time trials is getting over 5% in faster times. Being a sceptic of his claims he has allowed me the use of his oars to judge them for myself. I'm going to give them a try next time I go for a scull in a few days time. I'll see how I go.

Link here
http://rowingillustrated.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=143778&sid=b73bd4dffb9d626bfac8fdef773dd828